What we expect from you
As a Careers at Sea Ambassador you’ll need to commit to delivering two or three presentations per year, or more, and develop an on-going relationship with a local school or youth group.
The key messages and opportunities you’ll promote include:
- The Merchant Navy is of vital economic importance to the UK economy and our everyday lives
- It offers world-class education and training programmes for Navigation (Deck), Engineering and Electro-Technical roles with a fully paid-for degree, National Diploma or National Certificate, plus a salary/training allowance
- It gives exciting responsibility at an early age, with excellent salary prospects
- It’s a gateway to stimulating, varied work using the latest technology on a wide range of high-tech ships
- There are unequalled opportunities to travel the world as part of your job at sea
- It opens up a range of professional, certified occupations ashore and in the wider maritime sector – including ship’s surveyor, shore based ship manager, ship broker, technical superintendent and maritime lawyer
Ambassador’s will find the do’s and dont’s factsheet useful in helping to prepare for a presentation. This is available through the Ambassador portal once you sign up!
Registered Ambassadors have access to our online portal. Here you’ll find a online resources, resources request and visit feedback forms. And if you don’t already have the contacts, we can give details on schools/youth groups in your area that might be interested in a visit.
If you’re interested in volunteering as a Careers at Sea Ambassador, email firstname.lastname@example.org