Tidal Tuesday 2021
We are sponsoring National Careers Week again 1-7 March 2021, bringing back our featured
#TidalTuesday 2 March 2021
Watch out for updates on upcoming activities, videos, insights and information about Merchant Navy careers. Free resources below
We are working with partners throughout our campaigns. Find some resources below to start exploring!
There are colleges all over the UK – you can find a full list of them here.
Not only do colleges offer specialised training, they use high tech equipment and programmes to deliver some of the courses. Check out some of them below:
Nautical College Open Days can be found here.
Cadet’s eye view of simulators at Solent University Southampton (Warsash School of Maritime Science and Engineering)
Hear from Cadets about their experiences training and working at sea:
1. Why did you choose the Merchant Navy?
2. Why did you choose the Merchant Navy?
3. First ship experience?
More like this on our social media platforms (see above)
- Ship Types printable posters – What vessels could you work on? What do they do?
- Downloadable Careers at Sea student PowerPoint taking students through Merchant Navy career exploration
- Sea-related STEM/Engineering activities from Marine Society and Sea Cadets (MSSC): https://www.sea-cadets.org/be-an-engineer
- Thinking long-term plans? Where could a career at sea take you? Check out the Careers at Sea and Beyond Maritime Careers map for career pathways beyond working at sea.
- Careers at Sea Virtual Roadshow – Focus Wales: Careers at Sea are working with a Careers at Sea Ambassador company team to bring virtual careers information to schools in Wales.
Launching 12-18 October 2020. Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Roadshow Wales)
Check out the promo videos on our social media pages
Careers at Sea Ambassador Videos